I have been nominated for a Sunshine Award by Luzanne from Pink Peonies, and then by Michelle from Ordinary Misfit, and the thought that I inspire or bring sunshine into anyone’s life really makes me happy.
There are a few simple rules for the Sunshine Award:
♥ Include award logo in or on your blog post.
♥ Link to the person who nominated you.
♥ Answer 10 questions about yourself.
♥ Nominate other bloggers to give this award to.
1. If you won a million dollars (let’s say R 10 million for our South African bloggers), what would be the first thing you would buy and why?
I would buy my own house (to rent out) and my own car. I live in a very nice house and drive a very nice car (well, I used to before I crashed it, and will again after I get it back) but I neither are in my name and therefore I don’t really own them. I want a sense of independence and pride in owning something of value in my own right. Then I would probably go on a SERIOUS makeup spending spree and invest the rest wisely.
2. Do you have any pets and if so, what are they? And their names?
I have two dogs, a Dalmation called Maeken and a Jack Russell called Mieko. Both were my babies before I had an actual baby, and I wish I could give them the 100% attention I used to. Both are obsessed with me and follow me everywhere, including into the toilet (that’s normal though, right?).
3. Who is your favourite beauty guru and why?
I really like Lisa Eldridge as a makeup artist, and then there are the bloggers…not guru territory necessarily but they know their stuff and also offer a normal ‘girl next door’ opinion which is great because we aren’t all makeup artists.
4. What kind of blog posts do you like to write the most?
Reviews probably. I really enjoy discovering new products and then sharing my experiences. It makes me so happy when people write to me to say they’ve bought x,y or z because I recommended it and it has made a difference to them!
5. Name a few of your favourite bloggers and what you like about their blog.
I really enjoy Viviana Does Makeup and Lilly Pebbles, especially their videos. And I love looking at all the new products and getting good reviews from Temptalia. Local blogs I love are Princess Noo, Pink Peonies, Lipgloss Kisses, Not Another Poppie, Kiss, Blush and Tell and Superficialgirl. Some I just like looking at the pictures, others I find interesting from a personal or product review perspective.
6. If you could take a 2 week vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go, and who would you take with you?
I would go anywhere at all with warm weather, beaches and lots of water. Any island will do. I’d take my mom because she is my best friend and she needs a holiday too. But if I ever did get a holiday in real life I guess it would be to Disneyland or somewhere with Moo in tow…
7. If you could only wear one brand of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oooh, Chanel. Or Dior. Or Stila, can’t forget Stila. Sorry…I don’t understand the question.
8. Describe your favourite casual outfit?
Jeans, ballet pump style Crocs and whatever top hides my tummy. Or a dress with iPanema slops or aforementioned Crocs.
9. What is your favourite holiday?
Easter. Because chocolate.
10. What TV series are you looking forward to watching?
I never keep up with series because bed times and the remote control Nazi get in my way. I really like Gold Rush, The Mentalist and CSI Miami.
It is pretty difficult to decide who to nominate because everyone seems to have been nominated already and the bloggisphere is jam packed with Sunshine Award posts right now. I enjoy so many blogs and I don’t want to start making lists in case I leave someone out because I’m blonde, but here are a few…. (feel free to ignore the tag if you’ve done it though!).
1. Irina from I’ll Take It All
2. Nicole from Princess Noo
3. Chicara from Lipgloss Kisses
4. Chantelle from Not Another Poppie
5. Zahiraah from Complete Disbelief
6. Charlene from Gee Whiskers
7. Cassidy from Glam Green Girl