My Skincare Update

I haven’t done a skincare routine post since last August so I thought I would share what I’m currently using in my routine. I’m busy testing the Body Shop Pomegranate Cream Cleanser and Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream. So far I’m enjoying the cleanser but not finding the eye cream moisturising enough, so I will probably purchase the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment yet again. I also alternate between the Balm Balm Rosehip Serum and Paula’s Choice Antioxidant Serum in the mornings, after the Paula’s Choice treatment. My skincare routine takes quite a bit of time due to all the steps, but I never skip a step even if it means less time for makeup!

20140708-072152-26512907.jpg
In the evening I double cleanse using the Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil, Balm Balm Frankincense Cleansing Balm and Body Shop Pomegranate Cream Cleanser in various combinations. My favourite is the Balm Balm cleansing balm because it really leaves my skin feeling nourished and pampered. I also double tone at night. Overkill maybe, but it seems to be making my skin happy. The Paula’s Choice retinol serum feels a lot like a facial oil on application and sometimes I just add a dab of the Clinique moisture gel over it before I get into bed, but it feels very moisturising on its own.

20140708-073010-27010438.jpg
I use three masks a week usually, one for deep cleansing, one for hydration and one for exfoliating. Sometimes after my mini home facial I will use the Clarins face treatment oil instead of my normal serum and moisturiser. I am a big fan of Esse products and also using their refining cleanser as a clay mask even though it is technically a cleanser. I also love Body Shop and REN masks and have three in rotation at the moment. I’d love to hear your skincare product recommendations! Please let me know which products you can’t do without 🙂

20140708-073647-27407577.jpg

Shop Esse Microderm Exfoliator here!

Shop Esse Refining Cleanser here!

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “My Skincare Update

1. sonneillon says:

I love these sorts of posts. I’m also using The Body Shop eye cream but it won’t be a repurchase. I don’t have dry eye issues, but I just feel like it hasn’t been doing anything, if that makes sense. I use the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser in the morning and Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm in the evening. Neutrogena is probably a forever repurchase, but I may go back to The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. That Balm Balm Frankincense balm sounds sooooo luxurious – I may have to give it a go. Thanks to one of your posts, I now use Esse Microderm Exfoliator – which I love, but it is coming to an end. I am so-so-so keen to try Paula’s Choice. My plan is to get a serum (this will be my first serum) and a moisturiser. I’m also really interested in trying REN. Yay, anyway, thanks for the skincare update! Lots of nice ideas here for a newbie like me 🙂

2. Splishsplasch says:

What are your thoughts on the Paula Choice Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum? I’ve got a product in my cart but don’t want to purchase it until I can add something extra (to save on shipping). This product caught my eye some time ago but I still haven’t made up my mind.

• Mother City Mom says:

It is really good! Something has been making my skin look amazing and I think it might be this and the multi correction treatment. It does feel a bit like a facial oil so if you don’t like oil-textured products you might not like it. It is super moisturising though and I honestly have seen a huge fine line improvement. Love the airtight pump and you know with Paula’s Choice the ingredients will be the best 🙂

• Splishsplasch says:

I love facial oils so that’s good to know as is the bit about fine line improvement 🙂 I might just add this product when I next make an order and once I’ve gotten through my other serum out of the way. Thanks again!

3. Martie says:

I just love this post… Think I am going to have to get everything on here, lol. How do you like the Clarins Face Treatment Oil? I was wondering if you would not mind doing a blog post about mixing your skincare and what products you can use together and what not coz they will clash/work against each other? I think I have a combination skin as I have quite an oily t-zone and normal cheeks, but I suffer from really bad breakouts and blemishes. I even get themon my shoulders and back…. I would absolutely ❤️ a post like this. Thanks for a great blog lovely

• Mother City Mom says:

Hi Martie, I am on it! There are just some things I avoid like mineral oil and alcohol, and I know you shouldn’t mix retinol with AHA together. But I will do some research and do a blog post. I love the Clarins face treatment oil. It is really good, I think you would need the one for combination skin,

• Martie says:

Thank you so much for all the lovely tips Bronwyn… and for being willing to do so much research etc to make life easier for us everyday girls. I really appreciate all your hard work to put together such an amazing blog! 🙂 Ok, so then the Clarins Oil is going on my wishlist as well. (Hmmm… I wonder where I can get a Fairy Godmother to sponsor some of my wishlist wishes? It is never ending. Hehehe…)