I’m assuming everyone knows how awesome the Real Techniques brushes are, and I know a lot bloggers and readers own some already, even though they’re not directly available in South Africa. They are a lot easier to order now that Real Techniques’ website ships internationally, and for very low shipping rates at that. On 1st October the new Nic’s Picks limited edition collection will be available on their site, so if you think these are must-haves like I do, then you’ll want to have your credit card ready and waiting. I’m not sure of what the exact price on the Real Techniques site will be. A while ago they were selling Sam’s Picks for $30 but this set is already selling for $48.66 on allbeauty.com. So it will be a bit of a surprise to me, unless someone out there knows and can put my mind to rest.
This collection has gorgeous silver handles and includes three brushes exclusive to this set. As soon as I saw this I knew I had to get my hands on it, because of the five brushes I can see myself getting a lot of use from four (with the exception maybe of the eyeliner brush). These are the brushes included (as taken directly from pixiwoo.com)…
- A duo-fiber powder brush to gently pick up the powder pigments and softly buff it into the skin.
- A cheek brush (set exclusive) which has denser bristles to enable you to build colour. Imagine an expert face brush but softer and rounder. The tapered finish means you can use this for bronzer and highlighter application also.
- An angled shadow brush (set exclusive) designed to fit in the crease of the eye to add depth. The soft angle also makes applying shadow under the eyebrow arch simple.
- A base shadow brush which is one of Nic’s all time favourite brushes. Flat enough to pack on the colour with but firm enough to blend with. Also great for buffing over concealer.
- An eyeliner brush (set exclusive) which is softly angled. Perfect brush to apply shadow to the lashline and for creating a blown out liner look with eye shadow. Use with gel liner to create a feline flick which is made easy by the angle of the brush.
I don’t know about you, but for me it was love at first sight and I will be very sad if I don’t get my order in on the day they launch! These brushes are worth every hard-earned cent.