Oils are really having their moment in the sun lately, and now there is an oil available to cover all your beauty bases. Here are some interesting facts about oils and skin care (source)…
1. Botanical oils can be good antioxidants which help prevent free radical damage
2. Some oils are anti-inflammatory and can prevent active ingredients from irritating your skin.
3. As your skin ages its natural oils decrease and lead to moisture loss. Because oils are lipophilic they can pass through the skin’s lipid layer faster, plumping up the skin and preventing moisture loss.
4. Applying an oil before your serum or anti-aging cream helps the skin to more deeply absorb active ingredients like retinol, glycolic acid or vitamin C.
5. Oil improves the tensile strength of hair which prevents breakage and reduces frizz. It can also nourish the scalp and assist with dryness and flakiness.